10 ideas for content to publish in December
There are many reasons to create the pertinent thematic content In December. This will help to entertain customers and establish strong emotional connection. We offer 10 ready-to-use ideas.
1. Holiday tips and workshops
The approach may be different ranging from articles and infographics to photos and videos. Here is what you can offer in December:
- how to make Christmas ornaments by your own hands;
- how to cook a holiday meal or a drink;
- how to nicely pack a gift;
- what contests and activities to prepare for the festive evening;
- how to pick clothes and make-up for the New Year's Eve.
2. Cultural ties
Right before the New Year night, you can tell the story of Janus. He is the Ancient Rome god of doorways having two faces since he looks to the future and to the past. Janus combines the old and the new, and the first month of the year January was named in his honor.
Tell the story of this mythological character, and then share your successes of the passing year with the audience and mention your plans for the future.
3. International Ninja Day
December 5 has one of the most unusual holiday – International Ninja Day. You can admit that ninja is not only an unsurpassed warrior, but also a professional of his field. Therefore, the appropriate advice will be how to become, for example, a marketing ninja. Another option is to hold a contest for the best Ninja image.
4. Professional holidays
Try to present them in a new perspective. Engage humor and user’s content. In December, professional holidays are dedicated to employees of banks and registry offices, lawyers, realtors, power engineers and the Federal Security Service employees.
5. December 19 - International Day for helping the poor
This date you can coincide with a charity campaign to increase brand loyalty and attract media attention. Organize a fundraiser or present a report on how company's employees distribute food and warm clothes to the ones who are in need. Attract subscribers by asking them to share their examples on how and whom they helped.
6. Winter begins
Calendar onset of winter is an occasion to remember what a great time of a year it is. Share pastime ideas, recipes of seasonal dishes and drinks. Awaken childhood memories and encourage subscribers to share their stories.
7. December 10 - World Football Day
This is a great occasion for your news block if you represent a sport brand or you have male audience prevailing. Make a highlights selection of the previous season matches, organize a meeting with the local team or suggest subscribers to show their skills.
- make an overview of important industry events of the year;
- prepare lists of the best products and ideas of the outgoing year;
- make a selection of the best moments of the year; can be done as a photo collage or video editing;
- inform about achieved results through infographics.
9. A look into the future
Before the advent of the New Year, people drastically tend to find out what awaits them in the future. You can offer them the following:
- trends overview for 2017;
- experts forecasts materials;
- a list of future goals;
- announcements of products that will be put up for sale in the next year.
10. Christmas spirit
Create a New Year playlist or a thematic selection of movies. Publish a number of publications with countdown; it is preferable to link the series by a common plot and create intrigue among subscribers. Record video greetings or share photos from the holiday corporate party. Another great option is the "secret Santa" idea that implies sending real or virtual gift cards.